NAB Show 2019 - IABM Voice of the Customer Event
IABM's NAB Show Voice of the Customer Session
Sunday April 7 (Presentations 3pm - 5pm, Networking 5pm - 7pm)
Room Alsace 2, Wynn Hotel, Las Vegas
The industry is moving away from transactional relationships to a new model where technology vendors and their end-user customers work together to solve problems in partnership.
This is a must-attend, complimentary session on the eve of NAB Show where all sides of the industry come together to discuss and define the future and give delegates the insights they need to drive their business forward.
The panel session features influential thought leaders from the leading edge of the broadcast and media industry lifting the lid on successful creative collaboration, illustrated with real-life case studies.
Afterwards, there is a networking event where delegates can make new contacts and strengthen relationships.
3pm - Welcome and Introduction
IABM CEO Peter White welcomes delegates.
3.05pm - IABM NAB Show Special Report Overview and Buying Trends Survey Results
IABM Head of Insight & Analysis Lorenzo Zanni presents an overview of the results from the latest IABM Buying Trends Survey. The results of this survey are based on the responses from a range of technology users who were asked to share their views on a variety of issues affecting the industry, and their opinions on the latest trends in the sector. We asked for views on topics including Business Sentiment, Revenue Sources, Media Tech Investment and Adoption, IT Technology, Collaboration and Industry Outlook.
3.35pm - V-Nova and Red Bee Media customer case study - Ultra-efficient remote production workflows
This session will discuss the industry forces that are steadily driving the industry towards a greater adoption of remote production and the strategies that Red Bee Media are adopting to optimize those workflows across their wide customer-base. Dave and Matt will also discuss the core role that V-Nova’s P.Link contribution encoder plays in enabling the higher quality, low latency links that are a must for successful production of this type.
- Dave Travis (Chief Services Portfolio Officer, Red Bee Media, Video Services Division)
- Matt Hughes (Senior Vice-President of Global Sales, V-Nova)
3.55pm - Panel Discussion
IABM Director of Strategic Insight John Ive chairs a panel of technology buyers who will discuss what projects they have coming up, how they like to work with suppliers and their current priorities/issues/concerns.
- Maxime Caron (Senior Director of Architecture & Strategic Development, CBC/Radio Canada)
- Gordon Castle (SVP Technology, Eurosport)
- Paul Clennell (Chief Technology Officer, dock10)
- William T.Hayes (Director of Engineering and Technology, Iowa Public Television)
- Chris Ostertag (Chief Technology Officer, KLRU-TV)
- Carlos Octavio Queirozn (Director of Technology, Architecture & Business, TV Globo)
4.35pm Avid customer case study - further details to follow
4.35pm Avid and ITV Daytime customer case study
- Carl Perry (System Engineering Distribution, AVID)
- Tim Guilder (Exec VP International Sales & Marketing, ITV Daytime)
4.15pm - Pixel Power and TV5MONDE customer case study
TV5MONDE wanted to launch a suite of new thematic channels in-house as cost-effectively as possible while maintaining sophisticated automated channel graphics. TV5MONDE needed a tightly integrated production and playout solution that offered a faster time to air and compatibility with existing main channel graphics playout technology. Mallory Delaporte will discuss the project with Ciarán Doran and explain how Pixel Power was chosen to deliver a simplified channel creation process, as well as scalable scheduling, asset management and automation tools.
4.50pm - Harmonic and NASA customer case study
NASA, Harmonic and technology partners recently launched a new service to showcase the breathtaking beauty and grandeur of space in UHD HDR. This session will discuss the impact that the world’s first 24/7 UHD HDR streaming service has made. The presentation will include an overview of the technical workflow, detailing the solutions used, and will analyze the factors that led to the project’s immense success. Attendees will gain insight into how the UHD HDR service was launched quickly and can scale up, as needed, thanks to cloud-driven technologies. With this new UHD HDR service, NASA and technology partners are defining a new kind of video experience.
5.10pm – close and Networking drinks
IABM Activity at NAB Show 2019
Three key IABM-led events are the pre show Voice of the Customer Event on Sunday April 7, our ever popular annual State of the Industry Conference on Monday April 8 and the IABM BaM™ Awards Party on Tuesday April 9.
In addition, we have 3 IABM member lounges and IABM.TV capturing the news and filming key hot topics.
If you have any questions about how IABM can help you at the show or if you are not yet a member and would like to meet with one of our team then please click here to email us your details.
IABM State of the Industry Breakfast
Monday, April 8, 2019 | 7.30am – 10am – Ballroom B, Westgate Las Vegas Resort
IABM 2019 BaM Awards® Party
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 | 6pm – 8pm – Ballroom B, Westgate Las Vegas Resort
- The Media Production Show 2019
- NAB Show New York
- IBC 2019: IABM BaM Awards™ Party
- IBC 2019: IABM's Opening Executive Keynote Session
- BIRTV 2019: IABM Members Reception
- BroadcastAsia 2019: IABM Industry Update
- BroadcastAsia 2019: IABM Pre-show networking event
- BroadcastAsia 2019: IABM Technical Breakfast
- IABM Executive Summit Series & IABM AGM (London)
- IABM Executive Summit Series (Cologne)
- IABM Meet The Buyer Event
- IABM Executive Summit Series (Atlanta)
- IABM Executive Summit Series (New York)
- IABM Webinar - Create - Original Acquisition & Creation of Raw Content
- IABM Webinar - Connect - Moving Content
- IABM Webinar - Consume - Enabling Consumption of Content
- IABM Webinar - Manage - Managing & Preparing Completed Content for Publication
- IABM Webinar - Monetize - Managing Business Processes for Content Rights & Royalties
- IABM Webinar - Produce - Production Processes
- IABM Webinar - Publish - Publishing, playing out and distributing linear and non-linear content
- IABM Webinar - Store - Storing content throughout its life cycle
- IABM Webinar - Support - Enabling and powering the Content Chain
- Media Production Show 2020
- IABM Executive Summit Series (Singapore)