Understanding File Formats
This 2 day course will build your understanding of current video and audio file-formats, including the metadata wrapped within them and how they are used in current workflows. We will examine how and why broadcast files have replaced tape-based video audio workflows and the advantages gained in this transition.
By the end of the course you will have a thorough understanding of the common file formats, their associated workflows, working practices and the industry and standards bodies associated with their use. You will understand the process of creating, transcoding, checking and delivering files in a way that builds your confidence and allows you to make practical use of the knowledge you have gained.
This course is run on demand
Media file formats are used everywhere, from production to archive and consumption. File acquisition now routinely starts at the camera or audio recorder with file-based media essence and metadata passing along the entire broadcast chain including, ingest, quality control (QC) post-production and onto delivery and archive via a range of file-formats and codecs.
Who is it for?
- Any professional working with traditional broadcast video and audio technology who needs to increase their knowledge of, and confidence working with, file-based systems
- Sales engineers, technical operators, and technicians who are relatively new to the industry, including apprentices and other new-joiners
- Hardware and software developers who need a better knowledge of media file-formats
- Digital imaging technicians (DITs) and other production professionals
- Scheduling, traffic, library, archive and booking staff whose departments are transitioning to tapeless or file-based operation
- Module 1 – The fundamentals of file-based workflows in broadcast
- Module 2 – Metadata
- Module 3 – Video file formats
- Module 4 – Audio file formats
- Module 5 – Framework for Interoperable Media Services (FIMS)
- Module 6 – Digital Production Partnership (DDP)
Based on your recent activity and preferences we recommend the following pieces of content
zo Zanni, Head of Insight & Analysis, IABM In this presentation, ...
IABM9 days ago
Jain, APAC Head of Business Development, Media & Entertainment, A...
IABM26 days ago
s article has been taken from the IABM Journal Issue 108. To see the f...
IABM80 days ago
Panel based on the Manage section of the IABM BaM Content Chain®. Man...
IABM86 days ago
Ultra-efficient remote production workflows This session discusses the...
IABM87 days ago
Christel Jaekel, Solutions Design Manager, talks to IABM TV about the ...
IABM120 days ago
Andy McClelland, Managing Director for EMEA, discusses the new investm...
IABM120 days ago
The evolution of the broadcast and media value chain. What is the DNA of your business today as well as in the future?
Presented by Thomas Gunkel, Market Director Broadcast, Skyline Communi...
IABM124 days ago