IABM Training - IP Overview for Technical & Sales - New York
IP Overview for Technical & Sales
This single day course will help those who attend to see the “big picture” overview of how IP networking is utilized within the Broadcast Industry. It’s aimed at sales and marketing professionals and those engineers and technicians who need a good overview and understanding in order to get the most from the IP Network Essentials and Advanced courses and undertake network configuration and troubleshooting.
The course will give an overview the major protocols and technologies in the TCP/IP stack, including multicast IP, showing how these work via practical demonstration and discussion.
- Overview of TCP/IP stack and how files and live essence can be carried in ‘packets’
- The role of IP and Ethernet
- Broadcast domains and VLANs- why and where they are useful
- The role of TCP and UDP
- The role of RTP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP and IGMP
- Standards for Transport of Professional Media, SMPTE 2022/2110 etc
- The effects of packet loss and delay on asset delivery in an IP network
- The need for QoS in an IP network and overview of how it may be implemented
- The need for accurate time synchronization in a network and how PTP and SMPTE 2059 provide this
- Overview of Enterprise Network Architecture
- The need for automatic Registration and Discovery in connection management
- Overview of Multicast IP streaming using RTP and IGMP
- Overview of IGMP Snooping
IABM Member Rate - £295 / €350 / $470
Non IABM Member Rate - £590 / €700 / $935
IABM Gold and Platinum members are eligible for a number of complimentary course places during the year. Please email us to check availability.
Ken has worked in the networking field for the last 15 years as a trainer and consultant and has an interest in the carrying of real time services, such as voice and video, over IP networks. A trained scientist and engineer, Ken graduated from the University of Nottingham with a PhD in Semiconductor Physics and worked in industry before joining the Royal Navy on a Short Career Commission as an Instructor Officer in the fields of communications and engineering.
Ken is a Chartered Engineer, Eur Ing, Chartered IT Professional and Chartered Physicist. He is certified in both Huawei Technologies and Cisco Systems and is a Cisco Certified Academic Instructor (CCAI) and Huawei Certified Systems Instructor (HCSI) and has been involved in the development of the Advanced Networking Essentials course. Ken will be delivering network training for the IABM Academy.