IABM Training - Advanced IP Networks for Engineers - London
Advanced IP Networks for Engineers - London
This 2 day course is a ‘hands on’ course designed to give the delegate confidence in working practically with streaming video over IP networks. Delegates will build practical networks to deliver unicast video streams across routed and switched networks. The resilience of the network to deliver video streams at layer 2 (spanning tree / rapid spanning tree) will be compared and contrasted practically with the failover of routing protocols at layer 3 (OSPF routing protocol). Cisco Layer 3 switches will be used for interconnecting networks and only the commands required to achieve this will be covered on the course.
Delivery of unicast video will be via RTSP/RTP/UDP and also ‘over the top’ TV using HTTP/TCP. The Wireshark protocol analyser will be used to decode these protocols for a deeper understanding of how they work and also for troubleshooting purposes. The ability of TCP and UDP to deal with packet loss and delay will also be considered theoretically and tested practically using the networks built during the course and open source video software for delivery of the unicast streams.
Delegates should have attended the 'Network Essentials for Broadcast Engineers' course or have the equivalent knowledge and experience.
IABM Member Rate
£585, €705, $935
Non IABM Member Rate
£1170, €1405, $1870
Who is it for
- Broadcast and media engineers/technicians and operators requiring a deeper understanding of streaming video over IP networks
- Engineers/technicians who are familiar with IT and need a deeper understanding of streaming video over IP networks
- Recent technology graduates starting a career in broadcast and media who have a basic understanding of the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Engineers and technicians requiring a refresher course in streaming video over IP networks
Syllabus at a glance
- Module 1 Network protocols used in broadcast networks
- Module 2 Switch, port and VLAN configuration
- Module 3 IP routing, inter VLAN routing and resilience at layer 2 and layer 3
- Module 4 Network diagnostics
- Module 5 Streaming and on-demand media delivery