IABM Training - Practical PTP (Precision Time Protocol) - Los Angeles
A one day course that covers the fundamentals of PTP (Precision Time Protocol), including the evolution of the standard from version 1 to version 2.
The algorithm for Best Master Clock (BMC) and the process of clock synchronization will be covered. Types of clock including Ordinary Clocks, Boundary Clocks, Transparent Clocks and Grandmaster Clocks will be discussed operating in both end-to-end and point-to-point modes.
Network settings such as UDP port numbers and IP addresses will be discussed along with Quality of Service (QoS) settings recommended by professional bodies for use in the broadcast industry.
The requirement for IGMP snooping in a PTP domain will be discussed and demonstrated practically during the course. The BMC algorithm and process of clock synchronisation will be demonstrated practically using Microsoft Windows software and/or PTP enabled switches and analysed on the course using Wireshark traces.
Ken has worked in the networking field for the last 15 years as a trainer and consultant and has an interest in the carrying of real time services, such as voice and video, over IP networks. A trained scientist and engineer, Ken graduated from the University of Nottingham with a PhD in Semiconductor Physics and worked in industry before joining the Royal Navy on a Short Career Commission as an Instructor Officer in the fields of communications and engineering.
Ken is a Chartered Engineer, Eur Ing, Chartered IT Professional and Chartered Physicist. He is certified in both Huawei Technologies and Cisco Systems and is a Cisco Certified Academic Instructor (CCAI) and Huawei Certified Systems Instructor (HCSI) and has been involved in the development of the Advanced Networking Essentials course. Ken will be delivering network training for the IABM Academy.
- IBC 2019: IABM BaM Awards™ Party
- IBC 2019: IABM's Opening Executive Keynote Session
- BIRTV 2019: IABM Members Reception
- The ConnecTechAsia – IABM VIP Networking Event
- BroadcastAsia 2019: IABM Technical Breakfast
- IABM Executive Summit Series & IABM AGM (London)
- IABM Executive Summit Series (Atlanta)
- IABM Webinar - Connect - Moving Content
- IABM Webinar - Consume - Enabling Consumption of Content
- IABM Webinar - Store - Storing content throughout its life cycle
- IABM Webinar - Support - Enabling and powering the Content Chain
- IABM Executive Summit Series (Singapore)
- IABM Training - IP Overview for Technical & Sales - New York
- IABM Training - Advanced IP Networks for Engineers - New York
- IABM Training - Advanced IP Networks for Engineers - Los Angeles
- IABM Training - Advanced IP Networks for Engineers - London
- IABM Training - Practical HLS and DASH Workshop - London
- IABM Training - Practical HLS and DASH Workshop - Los Angeles
- IABM Training - Practical HLS and DASH Workshop - New York
- IABM Training - Practical PTP (Precision Time Protocol) - London
- IABM Training - Practical PTP (Precision Time Protocol) - Los Angeles