High Dynamic Range and Wide Color Gamut
Trainees could come from the following roles: Colourist, Online Editor, MCR operator, Technical Manager, Engineer, Chief Engineer. Priority will be given to those working in the HETV sector, but the course is equally applicable to those working in Children’s drama and the broader screen industries.
This 2-Day Course Will Cover:
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Dolby PQ approach to HDR
- BBC/NHK Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) approach to HDR
- SMPTE 2084, 2086 & 2094 HDR standards
- ITU-R BT.2100 HDR production and international programme exchange standard
- HDR deliverables – Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, HDR10+, SL-HDR1
- HDR workflows
- HDR tone mapping
- HDR compatibility with standard dynamic range (SDR) equipment
- HDR capture
- HDR displays
Wide Color Gamut (WCG)
- Why wide color gamut is an intrinsic part of HDR
- The WCG color spaces
- The WCG standard – ITU-R BT.2020
- WCG primaries, white point and color matrix
- WCG workflows
- The WCG Academy Color Encoding Space (ACES)
- Moving between color spaces
- WCG capture
- WCG displays
This course is run on demand
Ultra High Definition (UHD) Phase 1 video has already arrived in terms of increased resolution over that of HD video. UHD Phase 2 – containing important additional features such as High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG) – is now being rolled out in all areas from production and post-production through to distribution.
Who is it for?
- Engineers or technicians with an electronics, computer science or IT background who need to be more familiar with the specific requirements of UHD HDR and WCG
- Anyone in the media technology industry who needs to understand the impact of HDR and WCG in their UHD workflows, particularly those who are new to the industry such as apprentices and trainees.Technical managers, chief engineers, station managers and others who need an update or overview of HDR and WCG
- Established technical staff who need to increase their confidence and competence in IT networks
- Sales and marketing people, product managers, technical support staff, software developers, broadcast operational staff and business analysts.IT engineers and technicians who need to improve their understanding of UHD HDR and WCG operations and workflow
- Managers of support services who need to build their knowledge of the fundamentals of HDR and WCG
Based on your recent activity and preferences we recommend the following pieces of content
Dennis Breckenridge, CEO, Elevate Broadcast Viewers are seeking a broa...
IABM87 days ago
Nicki Fisher (Sales Director EMEA) and John Ruest (Solutions Consultan...
IABM193 days ago
Measuring Maturity in the BaM Content Chain Lorenzo Zanni (Head of Ins...
IABM282 days ago
ftware and system developers have learned to minimize latency and jitt...
IABM351 days ago
Matthew Goldman (SVP Technology, MediaKind and SMPTE President) gives ...
IABM361 days ago
Jamie Adkin, VP Sales at Adder Technology,discusses the newly launched...
IABM408 days ago
Broadcasters around the world are adopting new transmission standards,...
IABM409 days ago
Are you sure that the SMPTE ST 2110-20 receiver that you purchased can...
IABM425 days ago