Win customers with compelling demos
It’s all too easy to overwhelm customers during product demos and leave them with the impression that your solution is hard to use. The Demo Masterclass is an interactive, practical and fun one-day workshop for broadcast and media technology suppliers who want to accelerate the sales process with winning demos. You’ll learn how to build and run demos that connect with end users and bring to life the benefits your solution will provide.
Why Join the Masterclass
It’s always tempting to show prospective customers the power of your solution by covering every feature and option in a demo. But this leaves end users confused and worried that the system is far too complicated for their every-day needs. Avoid these problems by learning how to …
- Design demos to showcase compelling business value
- Deliver day-in-the-life demos built around users’ needs
- Present powerful demos to engage and win over buyers
Who’s it for?
Whether you’re about to deliver your first demo, or you’re a demo veteran, you’ll enjoy and learn from this course. Anyone who demonstrates software or hardware solutions will gain valuable new skills, tips, techniques and practical advice.
This course is available to be delivered at a date and venue to suit you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
What you will learn?
The Demo Masterclass is run by Rob Ambrose, an experienced trainer, consultant, pre-sales manager and writer with 30+ years’ experience in media technology. Rob has designed, planned and delivered hundreds of demos for media and broadcast solutions.
He’ll share …
- The skill of designing a demo around a winning storyboard
- Tips and tricks for demos to wow users and decision-makers
- Best-practice examples and horror stories
Managing the Demo Process
- Understanding the role of the demo in a successful sales campaign
- Knowing when to offer a demo – and when to say ‘no’
- Completing essential groundwork
- Avoiding last-minute panic with effective people and time planning
Planning a winning demo
- Reading between the lines to uncover your customer’s real needs
- Understanding customer pain points
- Building your win themes and a compelling value proposition
- Knowing your audience and decision makers
Building a compelling storyboard
- Building user personas and day-in-the life user stories
- Putting yourself in the shoes of the users
- Creating meaningful tailored demo content and scenarios
- Writing a demo script focused on users, not features and functions
Preparing for success
- Using the pre-demo dress rehearsal and critical review to improve quality
- Customising and tailoring: how much is needed and when to stop
- Managing gaps in your solution
- Leaving nothing to chance with a checklist for every eventuality
Presenting on the day
- Giving live demos, web presentations and trade-show stand-up demos
- Reacting to the audience and tailoring your message and presentation
- Dealing with a barrage of questions and preventing running out of time
- Avoiding common mistakes and pitfalls
Making it easier next time
- Maximising the repeatable value of your demo environments
- Enabling your whole team to give demos
- Eliminating meeting room AV problems and internet connection nightmares
- Learning from every demo, successful or not, with feedback and post-mortem