Audio and Video Fundamentals for Engineers
This 2 day course builds your understanding of how images and sound are turned into audio and video signals then passed along the end-to-end broadcast chain from acquisition through production distribution and delivery.
This course is run on demand
This course explains the basis of the technology used and how video and audio ‘essence’ is wrapped into computer files along with associated metadata. The techniques and technologies used to manage and store audio and video in a broadcast environment are explained along with the main mechanisms by which video and audio is transported to audiences via different delivery platforms including satellite, terrestrial, cable, IPTV and streaming.
Who is it for?
- Engineers or technicians with a general electronics, computer science or IT background who need to be more familiar with the specific requirements of broadcast and media applications
- Almost anyone in the media technology industry who needs to build their understanding of audio and video, particularly those who are new to the industry such as apprentices and trainees
- Sales and marketing people, product managers, technical support staff, software developers and broadcast operational staff IT staff or Broadcast engineers and technicians requiring a refresher course in the fundamentals of audio and video
- Module 1 Broadcast systems
- Module 2 Video technology
- Module 3 Television standards & technology
- Module 4 Audio technology
- Module 5 Video compression
- Module 6 – Synchronisation, conversion and standards
- Module 7 – IP and storage technology
- Module 8 – Transmission technology
Based on your recent activity and preferences we recommend the following pieces of content
shing is believed to be the second most popular outdoor recreational a...
IABM8 days ago
s article has been taken from the IABM Journal Issue 108. To see the f...
IABM23 days ago
Andy McClelland, Managing Director for EMEA, discusses the new investm...
IABM63 days ago
Products at BVE 2019 Steven Brownsill (Audio Product Manager) and Tom ...
IABM73 days ago
Keynote: Leave your comfort zone and think “big picture” &...
IABM140 days ago