Broadcasters in different regions of the world have organised themselves into Broadcast Unions. These bodies are usually involved with both content (programme exchange) and technology (defining regional broadcast standards). The IABM monitors the activities of the more active broadcast unions through contacts with the EBU and affiliate membership of the ABU.
This section provides access to reports from broadcast union meetings as well as other resources which the IABM consider to be of relevance to our members.
The following Broadcast Unions exist:
- ABU – Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union
- ASBU – Arab States Broadcasting Union
- EBU – European Broadcasting Union
- NABA – North American Broadcasters’ Association
- OTI - Organizacion de Telecomunicaciones Iberoamericanas
- UNTRA - Union of National Radio and Television Organizations of Africa
These broadcast unions are represented at a global level by:
WBU – World Broadcasting Union